. . .mY bLoG, mY aCcOuNt, mY jOurNaL, mY LoG, mY cHroNoLoGy, mY cOnFeSsiOn, mY LiFe . . .

Passed~

Knew the results already..last week..but i got the detailed result slip posted to me today..haha~ Here's the break down...

My 1st piece : German Dance (Beethoven)
Score : 20/30
"The notes were reasonably safe and the rhythm was just secure but the playing was never quite focused in pitch and the tone was so tight and reserved."

[[Iris and I thought this piece was badly done. She's my pianist accompaniment..and i think she totally freaked out when i played this piece 'shittily'.. first song summore! i think i was too nervous! the room's so cold..and the examiner's looking at me with her blue eyes.. then again, I passed this piece! I dunno why!]]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 2nd piece : Grande Valse Brillante (Chopin)
Score : 24/30
"The playing was much more bold here and the bowing quite well managed. Now add lots more colour and character to the playing. Give it much more rhythmic energy."

[[Totally shocked at my marks too. Thought I'll get like 20 or 21. Iris said I didn't play it as well as my practises with her.. so sad.. and.. this song's supposed to sound very "grand"..but i think i played like a mouse..]]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 3rd piece : Rumba (Michael Rose)
Score : 23/30
"Generally rhythmic and flowing - a few uneven moments. You caught the character of the dance but the intonation was rather uncertain in places."

[[This was my most prepared piece..but the not the highest marks attained..sigh.. totally 'zao seah' at 2 parts..THAT 2 parts.. hiya.. played with ANOTHER style.. my teacher told me to play in this ANOTHER style..where i could play it with the CORRECT tone in my own style.. i listen to teacher loh]]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scales and Arpeggios
Score : 14/21
"Scales showed preparation but not all were exactly focused in pitch; but you basically knew the work. Arpeggios were just secured - some with difficulty"

[[Iris went out after i played my 3rd piece..i'm left in the room all alone with the ang moh.. sobz.. and the truth is.. i'm not at all prepared for scales..and i suck at it.. those who play music, knows that..scales is HATED by all...how can i pass? i'm clueless...but i passed anyway..haha]]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sight Reading
Score : 14/21
"Very reserved in tone but there was some grasp of key and rhythm in places."

[[Freak! Usually it's this section and Aural that will pull my marks up. previously exam i scored 17/21..but i was totally caught unaware that my sight reading peice would be so difficult. I'm given only 20 secs to look at it..and that's it.. 3 flats for key signature..and i HATE flats..]]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aural Tests
Score : 18/18
"Promising responses. All correct. Well done!"

[[Totally expected..haha.. got full marks the other time too.. well, cannot be over confident..who knows..the next time..]]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Comments
"Have a little more confidence to play out with a much wider dynamic repertoire now. You know the work and achieved a safe pass today. Excellent Award."

[[I'm really very lucky..it's either the examiner took pity on me.. or she took pity on me..haha.. Iris thot i was damn heng.. i only practised a few days before..and poor iris have to be very 'gan jiong' with me..thanks girl! We made it! I'll be presenting you my next grade's pieces to play soon! You'll accompany me all the way through til i graduate from my violin!]]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Score : 113/150 [WOAH!]

0 comments:



 
~*/ m | c h 3 L L 3 \*~ © 2008. Design by Pocket